200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training
Om Shanti Om | Rishikesh, Uttarakhand | Himalayas
200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India is very popular among the students who chose to be a Yoga Teacher or for personal life transformation. At Om Shanti Om Yoga School, we offer a 200-hour training course. This consists of four weeks, here in our homely ashram.
This 200-hour course will cover an extensive amount of learning across the whole spectrum of the yogic way of life. It will teach you the root principles of ancient yoga traditions. This 200 hours of academic teaching and physical practice is an essential approved certification by the Yoga Alliance, enabling you to confidently and correctly teach yoga practice wherever you may be in the world. As well as being the perfect fit for someone wanting to be a yoga teacher, this course also is suited for any individual with a serious interest and desire to understand the diverse layers of yoga for personal reasons.
You will be given personal and individual attention during classes with your teachers being available after teaching for any questions you may have to do with your Yoga teacher training journey. This 200 hour course wiIl give you a holistic style of exercise, different from that of conventional approach towards exercise, creating awareness, concentration, relaxation and peace within. It will integrate the physical, mental and spiritual elements of yoga which has been proven to enhance both a content state of mind and a healthy, fully functional body.
Most of the time spent on this course will cover these core areas:
- Yoga philosophy (Darshana) - this essential ancient information is key for you to earn yogic strength. You will be taught history and ethics of yoga, Indian culture, kundalini and much more.
- Dhyana (meditation) - by practicing meditation you will be attempting to reach a state of self-realisation (Samadhi). This will aid in gaining tranquility of emotions, physical and mental being.
- Pranayama - ancient breathing techniques, used in preparation for meditation. This is a vital aspect of yoga practice. It will improve the respiratory system and purify the body and mind. There will be an introduction to the topic followed by sitting postures, Mudras (yoga gestures which affect energy flow) and yoga bandhas, which is a way of improving lung capacity.
- Mantra chanting - each of the chants will have a unique meaning and will use the sacred sound vibrations in a spiritual way creating a clear and focused mind.
- Hatha, Vinyasa Yoga - an in depth study of all of the asanas/poses within these styles and taught how to practice them in correct ways.
- Ashtanga, Vinyasa Yoga - This Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series literally means yoga therapy. This when practiced regularly heals all sickness and purifies your body in preparation for deeper advance Yogic practice. Ashtanga means 8 limbs of body and Vinyasa means breathing and movement system. For each movement, there is one breath. The purpose of vinyasa is for internal cleansing. Breathing and moving together while performing asanas makes the blood hot thus improve the circulation.
- Yin Yoga - Yin Yoga is a slow-paced style of yoga as exercise, incorporating principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine, with asanas (postures) that are held for longer periods of time. The sequences of postures are meant to stimulate the channels of the subtle body increasing circulation in the joints and improving flexibility. A more meditative approach to yoga, its goals are awareness of inner self.
- Restorative Yoga - Restorative Yoga is the practice of particular asanas, in which each asana held for longer than in conventional classes, often with the support of props such as folded blankets, bolster, cushion, wall in order to relax the body and remove stress.
- Sukshma Vyayama -Sukshma is a Sanskrit word meaning "subtle".The presence of sukshma is felt, but not seen. Sukshma yoga is an excellent relaxation technique that promotes and activate our pranic body. It is a form of yoga comprising of subtle exercises that are simple to practice yet highly effective.
- Laughter Yoga -Laughter yoga is a modern exercise involving prolonged voluntary laughter. This type of yoga is based on the belief that voluntary laughter provides similar physiological and psychological benefits as spontaneous laughter. It is usually done in groups, with eye contact and lots of playfulness between participants. Intentional laughter often turns into real and contagious laughter.
- Physiology & Anatomy (Sarir Vijnan) - Learning and understanding the physical bodily functions will help prevent injury before, during and after practice. The types of yoga anatomy are both physical and spiritual. This will include the study of digestive, respiratory, circulatory, nervous and endocrine systems. Also organs and Chakras. The anatomy studies will teach how the body is affected by Asanas - skeletal, muscular and joint movements.
- Teaching practice and methodology - You will learn how to be able to carry out demonstrations, correct alignment and instruct other students by performing in front of your peers and yoga teachers on the course. Being able to create peace and positivity will be key to ensuring your students have a transformative and enjoyable experience with you.
The timetable everyday is full of the varied topics studied. Classes will start at 5:30/6am daily, and will continue throughout the day until dinner at 6:45/7pm. There will be adequate breaks along the way giving you time to absorb all of the knowledge and information presented to you by your teachers.
Embarking on this course will steer you in the direction of a well balanced life, leaving all materialistic cravings behind. Equipped with practical teachings of both yogic and spiritual sciences, this 200 hour teacher training course will further your path towards enlightenment. The holistic, well-rounded approach to yoga will leave you feeling energised and focused, ready to take on the next chapter of your yoga journey.
At Om Shanti Om Yoga Ashram we are committed to giving you authentic teachings of traditional yoga within your 200 hours teacher training to ensure you enhance and improve your knowledge and skills to become an inspiring yoga teacher!
- Best and affordable 200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Course at Om Shanti Om Yoga Ashram in Rishikesh, India
- Our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course is just a 25 days course.
- This 25 days of yoga course, you will cover both theoretical and practical knowledge.
- This yoga teacher training course covers all the important aspects of Hatha, Ashtanga and Vinyasa flow yoga
- You will aware of the lifestyle to the real yogis in these 25 days of yoga course
- If you have already done this 200 hours yoga course then this is the best to keep practicing.
- If you are a newbie or newcomer in the yoga field, then this yoga teacher training course is best for you.
Yoga in India25 nights room occupancy
Yoga in India25 days meals provided
Yoga in India3 Vegetarian meals per day during the course
Yoga in IndiaDaily morning tea and Pooja
Yoga in IndiaDaily Yoga Class sessions
Yoga in IndiaTeaching Methodology
Yoga in IndiaYoga Philosophy classes
Yoga in IndiaAyurveda class with nutrition & yogic diet
Yoga in IndiaMeditation, Pranayama & Mantra Chanting
Yoga in IndiaAnatomy & Physiology classes
Yoga in IndiaGroup Ganga pooja ceremony
Yoga in India3 Days Yoga Retreat (hilltop, Cave, Outdoor Yoga
Yoga in IndiaFree 2 Ayurvedic body massage
Yoga in IndiaTraditional Indian classical music concert
Yoga in IndiaRYT-200 Hours Yoga Alliance USA certification
Any Personal Expense
Double Bed , Single Bed , Telephone , Butler Service ,
Wi-Fi/ Internet , Double Bed , Western-Style Bathroon , Hot Water Facility ,
The Om Shanti Om Yoga School was established in Laxman Jhula, Rishikesh by the great himalayan Yogi Swami Yogananda Maharaj Ji together with his close disciple Yogi Dinesh. Swami Yogananda Ji was 106 years old and he had 86 years of yoga experience in India and all over the world.
The center provides 100, 200, 300 and 500 hours Teacher Trainig Courses and regular classes. The center is a registered RYS200 and RYS500 and is also known as Hatha Yoga Rishikesh..
As part of their course, students are taken to two Yoga retreats, to any specific places in Rishikesh such as historical, spiritual and knowledgeable places on Sundays. The center provides Ashram-based rooms with comfortable bed, study table, hot water bathroom, views close to nature, walking distance to shopping and groceries or restaurants. There are several spiritual places or temples nearby.
The classes conducted by experienced teachers and Yoga Instructors include Yoga Therapy, Yoga Anatomy, Yoga Philosophy, Pranayama, Meditation, Ayurveda Class, Yogic Diet and Nutrition, Yoga way of life, History of yoga, and professional teaching methodology for students. Students will have the opportunity to learn from Yogi Dinesh in Hatha Yoga and Ashtanga Yoga.
At the end of the course the students will be awarded with certification from Yoga Alliance USA.
How to Reach
- Closest Airport
- Jollygrant International Airport, Dehradun
- Closest Railway Station
- Rishikesh Railway Station
- Traveling by Road
- Connected to all major cities
Students are advised to follow the rules and conditions of the school. Students should attend all the classes without fail unless sick, respect the teachers, complete homework given, and fulfill all the school regulations before receiving certificates.
Strictly no non-vegetarian food, no alcohol, no tobacco and no provocative clothing in the class and in the premises.
Students should pay the advance payment and the balance should be paid before the course begins once they arrive in India during the meeting. Once the course has commenced money is not refundable. However, in case before arriving in India, the students need to cancel due to unavoidable reasons, the advance will not be refunded but it can be transferred to a third party