200 Hour Teacher Training
The Yoga Institute Goa | Chorâo Island, Goa | City Center
The Yoga Institute in Goa is an abode of holistic Yoga wellness – a perfect path to self-discovery and self-improvement. The Goa centre of The Yoga Institute at the Viva Chorão, located on Chorâo Island is a sublime location, which is less than 30 min drive from capital city of Panjim and a 15 minutes relaxing ferry ride through the serene waters and picturesque surroundings. Viva Chorâo is ensconced on the banks of river Mandovi and conveniently located just 5 kms away from the capital city. The magical island is a bird lover’s paradise. Mango trees, an inviting infinity pool, lush greenery, birds chirping and winding rivers place you right in the lap of nature. The Goan styled residential quarters are equipped with the latest amenities and spotless washrooms. Staff is polite and offer timely service. Also, there is a separate kid’s play area. The Yoga Institute wellness centre currently offers Yoga Basic TTC (200 hours Teacher Training Certificate course) and Better Living Yoga Retreat residential programmes for everyone. Enjoy an idyllic getaway and experience holistic yoga immersions with TYI. BASIC TEACHER TRAINING CERTIFICATE Courses (200 Hour) : 200 Hour Basic Teacher’s Training Certification (TTC) is a 26 days basic training course which prepares/certifies students for teaching Yogic Techniques to normal healthy adults and school children. This course starts on the 1st of every month. It covers the theoretical and practical aspects of Yoga. The syllabus consists of introduction to the history and background of Yoga and Yoga practices, Asanas, Pranayamas, Kriyas with their related benefits, limitations and contraindications, methodology and lesson planning, public speaking, diet and yoga hygiene, essential of Anatomy and Physiology, communication and teaching skills. Study of selected Yoga Sutras and Introduction to Hatha Yoga is also a part of the curriculum. Apart from the above we also teach the students some unique techniques and concepts that are pioneered by the founder of our institute. Our faculty is highly trained and experienced to impart this knowledge to the students. Students are presented certificate on successful completion of the course. Certification ceremony is organised on last day of the course for students who pass the examinations. COURSE TIMINGS: Monday to Saturday: 06:30 a.m. to 07:00 p.m. (Sundays are off)
Inclusions4 Satvik Veg Meals & use of general facilities.
Excursion to the Dr Salim Ali bird sanctuary.
Complimentary airport / train station pickup for residential students.
Any Personal Expense
Double Bed , Western-Style Bathroon , Hot Water Facility ,
Single Bed , Western-Style Bathroon , Hot Water Facility ,
Single Bed , Western-Style Bathroon , Hot Water Facility ,
The Yoga Institute in Goa is an abode of holistic Yoga wellness – a perfect path to self-discovery and self-improvement.
The Goa centre of The Yoga Institute at the Viva Chorão, located on Chorâo Island is a sublime location, which is less than 30 min drive from capital city of Panjim and 15 minutes relaxing ferry ride through the serene waters and picturesque surroundings. Viva Chorâo is ensconced on the banks of river Mandovi and conveniently located just 5 km away from the capital city.
The magical island is a bird lover’s paradise. Mango trees, an inviting infinity pool, lush greenery, birds chirping and winding rivers place you right in the lap of nature.
The Goan styled residential quarters are equipped with the latest amenities and spotless washrooms. Staff is polite and offer timely service. Also, there is a separate kid’s play area.
The Yoga Institute wellness centre currently offers Yoga Basic TTC (200 hours Teacher Training Certificate course) and Better Living Yoga Retreat residential programmes for everyone. Enjoy an idyllic getaway and experience holistic yoga immersions with TYI.
The Yoga Institute is home to a well-planned kitchen where the students and campers are assured of freshly cooked, wholesome food. Only Sattvic food is prepared, under supervision, in a hygienic process in an open kitchen. There is an equal emphasis on nutrition as well as taste. Simple eating is the mantra of yoga, and Sattvic recipes are prepared with minimum oil, without onion, garlic, and spice. The herbal tea served at the Dining Hall is popular among visitors and a healthier alternative to the usual coffee and tea.
The triple sharing Goan styled residential quarters, as well as tents, are equipped with the latest amenities and spotless washrooms. Staff are polite and offer timely service. All rooms are fully air-conditioned & well maintained.
The Yoga Institute's daily schedule allows you to relax and rejuvenate your body and mind while still giving you the flexibility of spending the available free time as you please.
The day starts early morning with an Asana session where you get to experience and connect deeper with your inner self. This morning yogasana session features dynamic as well as static asanas and breathing practices to kickstart the day. They will also introduce you to the traditional way of doing sun salutations with awareness of breath and correct alignment.
This is followed by a morning yogic kriya session to clean the sinuses and also the eyes.
After a healthy breakfast you are free to indulge in nature excursions /or their very own, unique institutional practices.
In the afternoon you will be introduced to relaxation, the Yogic way. After this Yogic relaxation, you will be able to relax and stay centred in any environment, no matter how chaotic.
The evening begins with Pranayamas or breath work. Learn to use the power of Pranayamas to deal with the ever growing stress of a work/regular daily life using various breathing techniques to stay balanced.
As the sun sets, you begin aligning your body and breath to stretch, release and rejuvenate with a beautifully curated sequence that will be a perfect way to unwind your day. The evening ends with a meditation & reflection session.
How to Reach
- Closest Airport
- Dabolim Airport
- Closest Railway Station
- Traveling by Road
- Students/Participants shall treat all (Staff and Volunteers at the Yoga Institute) with due courtesy at all times. Service of the Staff and Volunteers shall NOT be utilized for private or personal work.
- No tips in cash or kind should be given to the Staff and Volunteers of the Institute.
- Food Apart from the food served in the Institute, no outside food is allowed to be brought in the premises, except fruits and home cooked vegetarian meals.
- Food shall be consumed in the designated area only and not anywhere else. Eating in class is strictly prohibited Acts which are Strictly Prohibited Loitering outside during class timings, Smoking, Drinking of Alcohol or use of illicit drugs is strictly prohibited in the premises of Institute.
- General Health Condition Any health related advice and suggestions given at the Yoga Institute should not be used for diagnosing purposes or be substituted for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health. Consult your physician before changing your diet, starting an exercise (yoga) program. It is the sole responsibility of the Students/Participants to consult a physician prior to and regarding their participation in the programmes offered by The Yoga Institute.
- Students/Participants are responsible for their own well-being during the class and are advised to practice at their own pace, understanding their limitations.
- Students/Participants are required to inform their teacher if there have been any changes in their medical / health condition which might affect their participation.
- Pregnant Students/Participants Our classes, by default, are not suitable for pregnant Students/Participants, except the Pregnancy Camp. If any Student/Participant is pregnant, and wish to participate in any other programme they are necessarily required to discuss their options.
- Indemnity The Yoga Institute does not provide liability insurance for the protection of children, parents, visitors, or others who may participate in any of our programmes. In consideration for their participation in any programme, the participants does hereby release and forever discharge the Yoga Institute and its directors, teachers, office bearers, and employees, jointly and severally from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims and demands for, upon or by reason of any damage, loss or injury, which hereafter may be sustained by participating in any of our programmes. This release extends and applies to, and also covers and includes, all unknown, unforeseen, unanticipated and unsuspected injuries, damages, loss and liability and the consequences thereof, as well as those now disclosed and known to exist.
- Reference and Reading Material Students/Participants may be given hand outs, notes and reading material during their participation in our programmes. These are for personal use of the Students/Participants only and cannot be circulated, distributed, printed, exploited, exhibited, transmitted, reproduced, broadcasted, adapted or posted in any public domain. Any such use shall amount to infringement of copy right and shall be dealt strictly.