DIY Ayurvedic Detox Program
AyurUniverse | Bangalore, Karnataka | City Center
Panchakarma has the following five processes at its core.
- Virechana (Purgation)
- Vamana (Emesis)
- Vasti (Enema)
- Nasya (Nasal Medication)
- Rakta Mokshana (Blood Letting)
Most of these are procedures that require visits to the therapy / treatment centre on all days of the program and hence becomes increasingly difficult to integrate into our wellness schedule as the entire
process is time consuming. To ease the complications and better integrate the benefits of detoxification into a manageable schedule, AyurUniverse is now introducing a DIY Ayurvedic Detox Program (Virechana) that can be done within the comforts of our home but under the guidance of Expert
Ayurveda Physicians connected online.
What is Virechana?
Exact meaning of Virechana is Purgation. As per Ayurveda Panchakarma rituals, Virechana is employed
as one of the 5 procedures to eliminate Doshas through the lower pathways or channels of the body.
This ritual involves igniting of the digestive fires enough to digest the toxins, push it to the gastro-
intestinal tracts and finally flushing it through the process of purgation on the last day of the program.
What are the Benefits of DIY Ayurvedic Detox Program?
1. Treats the root cause not the symptom of a persisting ailment
2. Eliminates toxins
3. Helps to lose weight the natural way
4. Boosts metabolism making you feel lighter
5. Improves blood circulation
6. Improves Skin conditions
What is the duration of the Program?
DIY Ayurvedic Detox Program varies from a min of 10 days to a max of 16 days. It varies as per the
prevalent Doshic Imbalances, constitution and health condition.
The program consists of five distinct steps:
- Dosha Analysis – Analysis of Individual Body Constitution, Metabolic rate etc.
- Deepana / Paachana – Procedure to ignite digestive fires to digest the toxins
- Snehana – Procedure to liquefy fat soluble toxins
- Abhyanga or Udwarthana – Procedure to push the liquefied toxins to the gastro-intestinal track
- Virechana – Procedure to eliminate the toxins in the gastro-intestinal track through purgation
Are there any Diet Restrictions in the DIY Ayurvedic Detox Program?
Yes. Overall, a light vegetarian diet is recommended subject to restrictions and advice by the Ayurvedic
Are there any food restrictions in the DIY Ayurvedic Detox program?
- Soya sauce, vinegar, and all kinds of sauces
- Chocolates & Bakery Products
- Dairy and dairy products
- Fried Items
- Fermented, spicy, stale food & junk food
Reasons for diet restrictions in the DIY Ayurvedic Detox Program?
Food is one of the main causes of the accumulation of toxins in the body. Consumption of Non- Veg, Spicy, Sour foods and Eggs etc. as these are difficult to digest. These kinds of foods reduce Dairy Products and Fruits need to be avoided because they are difficult to digest and affect the Inability of the body to breakdown & absorb nutrients during the DIY Ayurvedic detox program.
Why do I need a DIY Ayurvedic Detox when I am healthy with no diseases?
It is recommended that healthy people must undergo this DIY Ayurvedic Detox Program at least once in year to get rid of the impurities and chemical toxins accumulated over the months as a preventive measure. Also, due to the impact of seasons there are a lot of changes in the body; to build immunity from these seasonal changes one needs a detox.
How is the DIY Ayurvedic Detox Program different from a Residential Program?
- Prakriti Determination: Questionnaire Vs. Naadi Parikshana
- Handholding throughout the program: Seamless flow of communication on an everyday basis
Vs. in person
- Absence from Work: Max 2 days Vs. taking 14 days’ time off
- Abhyanga 3 days at 2 hours at the centre Vs. 3 days full at the centre
- Diet Control: Monitored by patient Vs. centre
- Daily Online Consultation by the physician Vs. face to face consultation
- Virechana only Vs. combination of therapies of Panchakarma
Who should sign up for the DIY Ayurvedic Detox Program?
- Specially designed for customers who cannot take two weeks off for a residential detox program
- Prevention is better than cure is to be practiced by one and all. A healthy person who wants to prevent diseases in the future or being sick during change of season
- Aiming to lose weight in a structured and healthy manner
- Ones who need boosting of metabolism, improving immunity and overall health.
- PLEASE NOTE: All ailments that are recent, old, persistent or genetical like diabetes, thyroid and
cholesterol etc. need to be mentioned and indicating medical reports not older than 3 months
need to be provided.
Who should not sign up?
- Pregnant women, anyone suffering from fever, senior citizens above the age of 62 years, any person
- Below the age of 18 years and anyone suffering from chronic ailments cannot sign up for the DIY Ayurvedic Detox Program.
- Tender health or soft perineum
- Lacerated/bruised anus / rectum
- Prolapsed rectum
- Weakened due to excessive fasting
- Weak sensory and motor organs
- Poor digestive fire / Indigestion
- Sex mania
- Acute fever
- Suffering from alcoholism
- Abdominal distention or tympanitis
- Inflicted with foreign bodies
- Hard bowel
- Pregnant women
- Aged persons
- Immediately after Vamana Panchakarma
- Contra indications during the Snehana phase
- High dosage Insulin dependent diabetic patients who have a history of fluctuating sugar levels
- Persons who have a history of fluctuating sodium levels
- Persons with history of fluctuating (Unstable) BP
Women are advised to do DIY Ayurvedic Detox post the monthly menstrual cycle.
DIY Ayurvedic Detox Program Inclusions:
1. Detailed telephonic discussion with the Physician to determine whether you are fit to do the
2. Determining the Dosha type by completing an online Prakriti questionnaire;
3. Labelled medicines in prescribed quantity to be couriered to your residence;
4. Cost of Abhyanga (Massage therapy with medicated oil followed by a medicated steam bath)
5. All medicines to be taken during the entire program;
6. Cost of medicated ghee to be taken during the program;
7. Daily contact via WhatsApp or call with the Physician to monitor your progress;
8. Discount Coupon on completing the program for future referrals and Residential Programs.
Wi-Fi/ Internet ,
AyurUniverse is a technology-enabled one-stop wellness platform offering 3,000 health solutions where Yoga, Ayurveda, Meditation and Indian Wellness programs are practiced from 300+ breath-taking exotic locations across India, exotic Bali, sunny Sri Lanka and picturesque Nepal.
Accredited by the Ministry of Tourism & Govt. of India we are the official “Inbound Tour Operator” disrupting the health & wellness travel space by offering customers a platform that allows them to search, evaluate and book a wellness package to tailor-make needs from exotic locations with jaw-dropping prices. This recognition reflects our commitment to positioning India as a leader in holistic health care for the world.
India has offered Yoga and now we are offering the hidden gems of Ayurveda to the global citizens.Our motivating factor is to bring together Wellness enthusiasts and locations in one platform in an easy and meaningful way.
We are extremely passionate about the fact that India is a treasure trove of all ancient art of knowledge & wisdom. A wide variety of research and data are published regularly and AyurUniverse aims to bring all relevant information to the forefront with the help of technology. We are proud to showcase our rich heritage and knowledge so that it doesn’t get lost in our rapidly changing cosmopolitan lifestyle.
How to Reach
- Closest Airport
- Kempegowda International Airport Bengalore
- Closest Railway Station
- Banaglore City Railway Station
- Traveling by Road
- Get on NH 44 from Kempegowda Int'l Airport Rd/KIAB Rd, Follow NH 44 and NH75 to HBR Layout 4th Block, Bengaluru, Take Service Rd to 5th A Cross Rd in HRBR Layout 3rd Block
- Pregnant women, anyone suffering from fever, senior citizens above the age of 62 years, any
- Below the age of 18 years and anyone suffering from chronic ailments cannot sign up for the DIY
Ayurvedic Detox Program.
Cancellation will not be provided Once the Customer has booked the package.
No refund will be entertained once the payment has been done.