Yogadarsanam is India’s topmost Yoga Teacher Training School for Ashtanga Vinyasa – Mysore style and Hatha Yoga Vinyasa – B.K.S Iyengar style, with other contemporary yoga methods developed by founder and director Yogacharya and Rashtra Vibhushana awarder Santhosh Kumar.
The Iyengar Yoga taught here is mainly based on alignment and precise movement of Yoga asanas with proper understanding of breathe and techniques. The center encourages students to practice their asanas naturally without the use of props with proper corrections and adjustments. The Mysore style yoga allows students to practice in their own speed and capacity, under the supervision of the guru by connecting posture to posture with Bandha (Lock), Dristi (concentration points) and powerful Ujjayi (fire breathe). The Guru led class challenges the students to follow the speed and rhythm of Vinyasa Yoga.
The Yoga Institute also offers many other yoga courses like Yoga therapy, Prenatal yoga, Mudra yoga, Acro yoga and regular yoga classes on many yoga styles and spirituality practice.
The school also focuses on Pranayama and Meditation classes to learn with solid base with proper personal attentions.Today, it is a well-known meditation centre in Mysore that conducts Meditation classes for Spirituality and Therapeutic benefits. This is offered as part of the course as well as a part of the Yoga Therapy Training and Certified Yoga Instructors Course.
All Yoga seekers will receive Yoga knowledge with customized theory, philosophy, technical informations with history of Indian Yoga traditions in a simplified way, taught in English. The center has till-date completed over 900 certified Yoga Teacher courses in over 93 counties.
• Teaching Indian classical yogic science without modifications with proper research work
• Spreading yoga to the public on one at a time by training competent Yoga Teachers with help of teacher training, workshops, retreats, camps, etc
• Appreciating and spreading Indian Yoga and yoga related heritage to the world.
YOGA TEACHERS AT AYUSH YOGADARSHANAM
Yogacharya Santhosh Kumar: Yogacharya Santhosh Kumar born on April 8,1983 as the first son of the couple Sri Bhaskar and Bhavaniyamma in a small village Koluru , Kundapur talluk near the costal area of Udupi district. He was an artist and dancer (classical, folk) and spent most of his childhood practising yoga with Sri Kumar (a Yakshagana artist and yoga Guru) and Yoga Guru Dr. R. Pai from Shanthivana Trust,Yoga and Naturopathy center Dharmasthala (an international holy place). He has been trained sufficiently under B.K.S. Iyengar and his son Prashanth and daughter Geethaji in Pune, from The Art of Living foundation as well as under Baba Ramdev Guruji’s system. He graduated from KSEEB, Government of Karnataka, where he did his degree in nutrition and health education. He also completed his Advanced Yoga Teacher Training from Shivananda Vedantha Center, Kerala and from the Annamalai University in Tamil Nadu and later practised under the guidance of Swamy Sudhir Aananda, Rishikesh, Uttarkhanda.
He was recently awarded the Rashtra Vibhushan award for outstanding individual achievement and distinguished services to the nation on the occasion of National Seminar on Outstanding Contribution for National Economic and Social Development from the foundation for accelerated community empowerment, NGO, New Delhi.
Shubhashini G: Subhashini Gopinath completed her engineering degree in electronic and communications from St. Joseph Engineering college, Mangalore and is also a 200-hour Yoga Alliance certified Yoga Teacher from Ayush Yogadarshanam.
Sujatha S: Mrs. Sujatha is well known and amazingly flexible yogini at the center and wife of Yogacharya Santhosh Kumar. Sujatha Santhosh holds a Master of Arts (M.A) in history and used to work as a teacher and administrator. Now, she is certified Yoga Instructor from S-VYASA (Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana) in Bangalore.
How to Reach
- Airway Connectivity
- The nearest International airport is Bangalore/Bengaluru airport (BLR) after which you need to take a 3 4 hr bus / car drive to Gokulam. The most hassle-free and safe experience is booking a airport pick up from Gokulam, like most yoga students do. It costs between 2300 2600 INR per car and this can be paid once you reach your destination. The most reliable and frequently used cars are from Ravi Kiran.
- Railway Connectivity
- Roadway Connectivity
- The other way is to take a shuttle bus from the airport to transfer at Bangalore bus stand to transfer at mysore bus stand and finally transfer into an auto rickshaw to Gokulam. Ive done that on 2 occasions before and realised that its definitely not worth the trouble, especially if you have luggage.