Ayurveda Yoga Villa | Kartikulam, Kerala | Riverside
Renovating the mechanics of your metabolism
Obesity is one of the most common health problems in today’s world and also the source of many other high risk problems such as angina, diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, heart failure, gout, etc. Extensive research has already been performed on obesity in modern medicine and many pills have been invented, but their results are generally temporary. Even physical workouts and dieting can do very little to help if one does not understanding the underlying reason for the excessive weight (or low weight).
The real reasons
According to Ayurveda, being overweight or underweight is due to an imbalance in the 3 Doshas (the bodily humors that make up one’s constitution): Vata, Pitt and Kapha. An imbalance can occur regardless of how much or how little food you eat. Improper digestion or improper metabolism due to excessive Kapha and Ama (waste) is at the root of the problem. When Kapha is imbalanced, the heavy characteristics of the Earth and Water elements become exaggerated. However, obesity can also be found in Vata and Pitta dominant people. These types can suffer from poor digestion if their digestive fire is too low. As a result, food is not processed properly, which can result in weight gain or obesity. But in general, Vata types are underweight rather than overweight because their bodies have trouble absorbing nutrients. Weight gain results when they attempt to eat more sweet and oily foods to calm their Vata imbalance.
How does it work?
The Ayurvedic approach to achieving your ideal weight is based on taking a realistic look at your body type and restoring the entire digestive and metabolic processes. A low calorie diet and regular yoga is also essential throughout this process.
What can be done?
At Ayurveda Yoga Villa we have a multidimensional approach to weight management. First our ajarya will diagnose your Prakriti (body type) and your Dosha imbalances. Then, they will prescribe the proper herbs, therapies and massages to reduce fat cells in the body and promote proper metabolism. Two yoga sessions per day, along with Pranayama (breathing exercises) and brisk walks in the surrounding countryside, can burn extra calories and rid your body of muscular tension and the feeling of heaviness. Meditation and mantras can also help to calm your mind.
How many days?
Minimum 2 weeks, and for better results 3 to 4 weeks, depending on your present condition and your expectations.
- Abyangam: A massage with a specific combination of oils and herbs to release muscle and joint stiffness and improve blood circulation and elimination.
- Kizhi: Boluses filled with herbal leaves or powders are applied to the whole or part of the body in a specific manner, after being dipped in warm medicated herbal oil.
- Elakizhi: A massage with special herbal powder to detoxify and nourish all the cells of the body.
- Swedana: Opening the pores of the skin through steam and warm herbal oils.
- Udvarthanam: A massage with special herbal powder to burn excess fat.
- Oral Herbal Medication: To convert excessive fat into energy and for improved metabolism.
- Ayurvedic Diet: Low calorie food with lots of fruits and juices.
The above mentioned treatment plan is the general Weight Management Therapy for a normal healthy person. However, our ajarya will have to check your past medical history and diagnose your present health condition before finalizing the treatment plan that is right for you.
InclusionsAirport pick-up and drop* at Calicut (ccj) Airport
Accommodation in single bedroom with attached bathroom and private balcony
Yoga, pranayama & Meditation sessions
All food & drinks (No meat, fish, eggs, alcohol)
All Ayurvedic treatments & Oral Medication prescribed by our ajarya
Daily Consultations & Check-up with Resident Ajarya
Health Profile & Body Constitution consultation
Take away Medicine
Riverside Herbal Cottage
Double Bed , Single Bed , Western-Style Bathroon , Hot Water Facility ,
Garden Front Cottages
Wi-Fi/ Internet , Double Bed , Single Bed , Western-Style Bathroon , Hot Water Facility ,
Wi-Fi/ Internet , Double Bed , Single Bed , Western-Style Bathroon , Hot Water Facility ,
Welcome to Ayurveda Yoga Villa !
Ayuveda Yoga Villa is a unique place to experience the best of Ancient Indian -Ayurveda, Yoga, Meditation, Pranayama and Kalari, located at an amazing side of Kuruva Island, on the banks of River Kabani. We invite everyone to experience a new dimension of Ayurveda Treatment in a Holistic way. Cleansing Body Mind and Prana and filling it with enlightenment by means of our special organic food, Ayurveda medicines, traditional Yogasana practices, Pranayama, meditation and enchantment of vedic mantras at our center which is so close to the nature. In an enlightened environment any medication will be effective for the patient easily. Its not only the body gets healed here. We heal body mind and Prana to its utmost perfection possible. Ayurveda Yoga Villa is set to change peoples lives with innovative and traditional Ayurveda practices in holistic way at Ayurveda Yoga Villa.
Ayurveda Herbal Making Unit
The blessing of LORD DHANWATARI (God of Ayurveda) continue to shower on us; hence we were able to build our own ayurveda herbal unit on the campus and are now capable of manufacturing our own Ayurveda Herbal products.
We have a very efficient team in our ayurveda herbal unit; a combination of both veterans and youth, who manufacture the ayurveda herbal products using a holistic approach and utmost precision. We produce ayurveda herbal products authentically, in a classical way, as mentioned in the ancient texts of Ayurveda.
Our production is mainly comprised of herbal preparations such as Choornas (herbal powders), Kashaya Choorna (powders for decoctions), Kashayas(decoctions), Arishtas and Asvas (herbal tonics), Taila (ayurvedic herbal oil), Lehyams (lickables).
The advantages of having our own Ayurveda Herbal manufacturing unit are :
- We are able to produce 100% genuine Ayurvedic Herbal Products
- Our herbal are of better quality than those found on the market and therefore they are more beneficial to our patients
- We are able to adapt our herbal’s concentration to the particuar needs of each patient
- We are able to produce some rare and very effective combinations mentioned in the Ayurvedic classics which are not available on the market
Indigenous Cow’s Urine (Gomutra)
Cow is treated with holiness in Indian tradition from Vedic age onwards and revered motherly status and often called “Gaumata”. Indigenous cow’s urine is therapeutic of all deceases. Cow urine is a divine medicine and is used for treatment of diabetes, obesity, blood pressure, asthma, psoriasis, baldness, eczema, heart attack, blockage in arteries, fits, cancer, piles, prostrate, arthritis, migraine, thyroid, ulcer, acidity, sinusitis, blood intoxication, pimples, constipation, gynaecological problems and various other deceases
It is also used as bio-enhancer, increase the nitrogen content of the soil, for better rearing of honey bees. It is also used as natural pesticides for the crops.
Indigenous cow’s urine freshly collected in morning contains all substances, which are naturally present in the human body. Thus, consumption of cow urine maintains the balance of these substances and this helps cure incurable diseases. It is also an important ingredient in Panchagavya gruta. It is natural, eco-friendly with no residual effects, hence can be possessed as potential therapeutic agent.
Ayurveda yoga villa, Ayurveda yoga village, and Udayagiri rejuvenation retreat centers use food item produced from our own organic farms situated adjacent to all the three centers. We have Gir Cow Gosalas at every farm which provides us with sufficient milk and sufficient manure for our plants in organic farm and herbal farm.
How to Reach
- Closest Airport
- Kannur International Airport (CNN), is the nearest Airport to our place. 81 Km by road – about 2 hours 20 min drive to our place Calicut International Airport (CCJ), also known as Kozhikode Airport, is the nearest Airport to our place. 112 kms by road – about 4 hours drive to our place. Most of t
- Closest Railway Station
- Calicut is the nearest train station connecting to all other cities in India. It is four hours from Cochin and six hours from Trivandrum. Or else you can come to Bangalore and then another train to Mysore – 3 hours drive to our place. We can come and pick you up from either Calicut or Mysore.
- Traveling by Road
- From Calicut: Via Thamassary – Churam – Kalpetta – Manvanthavady – Kartikulam From Bangalore to Mysore, take NH 17 and continue on 17D via Hampapura, HD Kote, Kabini till you reach the Kerala border Check post at Bavali. From Bavali ask for shortcut to Kuruva Islands or Palvelichem – it is three kilometers, or you can go further to Kartikulam and take the road to Kuruva Islands.
- Smoking strictly prohibited in our campus .
- Prices are subject to change – You can pay only rates at the times of booking.
- Accommodation in single bedroom with attached bathroom and private balcony
- Yoga, pranayama & Meditation sessions
- All food & drinks (No meat, fish, eggs, alcohol)
- All Ayurvedic treatments & Oral Medication prescribed by our ajarya
- Daily Consultations & Check-up with Resident Ajarya
- Health Profile & Body Constitution consultation
* Free pick up and drop only available for 14 Days and above packages.
No refund for cancellations, it will hold up to 1year, you can make fresh booking with available dates with this amount.