Shreyas Joy of Giving
Shreyas Yoga Retreat | Bangalore, Karnataka | Outskirts
The ancient yogic scriptures tell us that the Universe is connected and that we are each a part of one Supreme Consciousness. There is no 'other' to compete with; when we give we give to ourselves. If you feel blessed with abundance and wish to share your love, time and maybe more with those who will appreciate it, we invite you to Shreyas for the Joy of Giving Retreat that celebrates the gift of life and allows you to feel the immense joy that arises from the simple acts of giving and sharing.
Feeding children of the local school or orphanage.
You can pick vegetables from out organic garden, cut them and with help from our team of chefs, prepare a nutritious Indian meal for the children of the local school or orphanage. If you have any skills you would like to teach these eager minds, please let us know and we will be glad to make the necessary arrangements.
Shreyas will provide you with samplings and the opportunity to plant them in the surrounding villages, helping us give back to the environment that supports us.
Specific contributions. Many of our guests feel the need to contribute in a more practical way and Shreyas will advice you and ensure that these contributions reach the needy people. From books, stationery supplies, uniforms, contributions to building boundary walls, rain-water harvesting projects or digging wells - the possibilities are numerous - and the warm appreciation of the villagers, profoundly touching.
Communing with nature.
You will get an opportunity to volunteer in our 3 acre organic vegetable and herb gardens and give a little back to Nature - a humble thanks for the abundance she provides us, season after season. Try your skills at watering, weeding, sowing, picking and rediscover the forgotten pleasure in getting your hands (and feet!) dirty.
- Welcome Drink on Arrival
- Wellness Consultation on arrival
- Gourmet Vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) served in the dining area.
- Twice daily group Yoga Sessions
- Daily once group Chanting / Sound Meditation Session
- Use of all recreational facilities - Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, Steam Bath, Gym, Cricket nets and opportunity to watch one movie per day in Home theatre along with other guests.
InclusionsPackage includes Sessions Minutes
Community Exercises that involve cooking, serving & teaching or interaction with a group of Children at nearby Village Schools / Orphanage *
3 4-6 hours each
A Walking tour of the villages with an introduction to village culture, living and traditions. Followed by a visit to the nearby temples 1 3-4 hours
Cooking classes on traditional Vegetarian Cuisine or requested Shreyas favorites 3 60
Rejuvenation Massages per person
(Balinese / Swedish / Thai / Aromatherapy / Abhyanga) 3 60
Sessions on learning local traditions and customs, such as sari draping, making of garlands, coconut palm leaf mats, rangoli drawing, making and applying henna etc *
Daily Nature based activities in organic vegetable garden and nursery
Round-trip Airport transfers
Garden Tented cottage / Poolside cottage
A/C , Wi-Fi/ Internet , Locker , Double Bed , Single Bed , Telephone , Western-Style Bathroon , Hot Water Facility ,
Shreyas, a sprawling 25-acre verdant retreat on the outskirts of Bangalore, India offers guests a private and tranquil haven to pamper, nourish and recharge themselves. Shreyas looks to combine fine living with a spiritual touch, where guests can immerse themselves in the wisdom of the timeless spiritual tradition of Yoga Vedanta & Ayurveda. Situated amidst stunning landscaped gardens, Shreyas is 50 minutes from Bengaluru International Airport.
Recognised as One of the Finest Yoga Retreats in the World, Shreyas is elegantly designed luxurious boutique retreat Shreyas prides itself on its service, which is an attempt to apply the eternal Vedic instruction – Athiti Devo Bhava – or ‘treat thy guest as an embodiment of the Divine’. Shreyas is a member of Relais & Chateaux, a collection of the finest hotels worldwide.
USP/ Key Highlights
- The essence of Shreyas is the concept of wellness of body, mind and soul, for the purpose of self mastery that manifests as excellence in all that we do. The principal medium through which guests are exposed to this is Yoga - which is non-denominational and open to people of all faiths. We demonstrate through various customised programs that, contrary to popular belief, Yoga can be practiced by everyone – fit or unfit, old or young, supple or brittle. Yoga has an amazing effect on the body and mind energies allowing one to deal with life's ups and downs with sense of equanimity. Shreyas will appeal to those who wish to understand/familiarise themselves with the philosophical tradition of India, without necessarily delving into its organised religious aspects.
- Traditional Hatha and Ashtanga Yoga are practised – from simple posture classes for stress management to more advanced modules. Besides the asanas, Shreyas offers breathing exercises (Pranayama), visualisation techniques (Sakshi bhava), deep relaxation classes (Yoga Nidra), Yogic kriyas (Jala neti, Vaman dhouti), candle & chakra meditation, etc.
- People are encouraged to get away from an over-worked and hectic lifestyle & the rigours of office; to de-stress by working in the organically grown vegetable and herb gardens, getting their feet dirty! A true retreat geared to self -discovery, where the intention is to bring a little of the best of Indian spiritual wisdom into the lives of its guests.
- Shreyas serves gourmet Vegetarian cuisine that comprises Indian, Continental, Italian, Mexican & Oriental.
- As much as possible is grown or produced on the premises. The menus are carefully planned to fit in with the overall wellness programs. Special dietary requests such as wheat-free, dairy free, low-calorie, vegan etc are accommodated on request. On warm nights dinner is often served al fresco in the garden, and guests have a choice of joining a larger group or dining on their own.
- Gourmet Vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Twice daily group Yoga Classes(Daily yoga, meditation & Ayurvedic treatment sessions)
- Daily once group Chanting / Sound Meditation class
- Community exercise that involves Farming
- Nature-based exercises
- Open-Air Amphitheatre
- Cricket nets & bowling machine
Check in: 12 Noon
Check out: 11.00 hrs
- Botanical Garden
- Mysore: Mysore can be reached in two and a half hours by avoiding Bangalore City, taking the road to Mangalore (6 km from Shreyas) and then cut across to Mysore. Coorg is about three hours from Mysore.
- Local Shopping (don’t forget Mysore Silk)(In & around excursions)
- Bandipur National park
- Belur,Halebid and Shravabelagola: Belur is 195 Kms from Shreyas, Halebeid is 214 Kms and Shravanabelagola is 133 Kms. Hampi
- Hampi: Hampi is 323 Kms from Shreyas, off the NH 4.
Minutes away from Airport: 60 minute by car from Bengaluru International Airport.
How to Reach
- Closest Airport
- Bangalore International Airport
- Closest Railway Station
- Bangalore Railway Station
- Traveling by Road
- Well connected with highways to Hyderabad, many major cities,
Food / Beverages: Shreyas serves gourmet vegetarian cuisine. Alcohol is not served and guests are requested not to bring their own for private consumption. Smoking is permitted in designated areas only.
Total rooms: 3 Poolside cottages, 8 Garden cottages and 1 3-bedroom Garden cottage
Check In : Our standard check-in is 1200 hrs and check-out time is 1100 hrs. Early check-in and late check-out are offered subject to availability and are chargeable.
Breakfast / lunch / dinner: All meals are included in our rates, whether it is a nightly rate or a package. We do not have a room-only option.
Christmas / New Year: A minimum stay of 5 nights is required between 15 December and 10 January.
Group bookings: Group rates are available for bookings of 5 or more cottages; please contact us for details in case of an inquiry.
Transfers: Round trip transfers are available on request and are charged at US$ 100 plus taxes and service charge for transfer in an air-conditioned Toyota Innova.
Booking: As a small property, late cancellations have a very negative impact on us and we therefore require a 50% deposit to confirm your reservation.
- Any cancellation made more than 30 days prior to arrival date will not incur any cancellation charges. The deposit will be returned.
- For any cancellations received 5 to 30 days prior to arrival, 50% of the full amount will be charged (there will not be any refund of the 50% deposit the guests have paid).
- Any cancellation received in 0 to 5 days prior to arrival will be charged 100% of the total amount of the stay.
- Any reduced stays whilst at the Retreat will still incur a cost of 100% of the total price; there will be no adjustment for early departure.
- No shows will incur a charge of 100% of the full amount.
# Note: ''For all refunds, the payment gateway charges, service charges and taxes will be deducted. Only the balance will be paid''.