Ayurverda Panchakarma Program
Shreyas Yoga Retreat | Bangalore, Karnataka | Outskirts
Panchakarma, in Sanskrit literally means 'five actions', and in Ayurvedic practices these are procedures with significant purifying and rejuvenating powers for one's body. The Panchakarma treatment is aimed at balancing the biological energies of Vata, Pita and Kapha; the essential doshas which represent the unique blends of one's physical, emotional, and mental characteristics. Ancient scriptures attribute most illnesses to an imbalance of the doshas, and the Panchakarma treatment is designed to eliminate disease-causing toxins, release deep-rooted stress and unlock the latent healing powers of one's body. The five-fold therapy is known to invigorate the body and mind, and is also known as 'Ayurvedic rejuvenation therapy'.
Panchakarma treatments are carried out in 3 phases: 'poorva karma' - preparation of the body, 'pradhana karma' - the principal procedures, and 'paschat karma' - the post-treatment regimes. Within each phase, there are several possible therapies; and our in-house experts will design your Panchakarma regime after a preliminary diagnosis. Thus, the therapies will vary as per your age, body type, dosha imbalance and specific ailments, as also by season. Needless to say, like in all therapeutic processes, each stage has its own importance - and while the benefits may be evident during the course of treatment, it is necessary to see the entire process through for long-lasting results.
Any healing process is best done in a conducive environment; a place where one can 'breathe freely', away from the everyday stress and strictures. At Anaha Spa, we strive to provide you with just that; expanses of gardens to reconnect with Nature, open spaces to unwind and destress, sheltered pavilions for meditation and self-reflection, yet with every creature comfort as we believe the path to wellness needn't be an austere one. To us, Panchakarma is also about reconnecting at 5 levels: emotional, physical, social, mental and spiritual. Let us guide you through your journey to wellness and wellbeing.
- Welcome Drink on Arrival
- Wellness Consultation on arrival
- Accommodation in a Garden Tented cottage / Poolside cottage
- Dosha specific Ayurvedic Vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Gourmet Vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) served in the dining area.
- Twice daily group Yoga Sessions
- Daily once group Chanting / Sound Meditation Session
- Use of all recreational facilities - Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, Steam Bath, Gym, Cricket nets and opportunity to watch one movie per day in Home theatre along with other guests.
InclusionsTreatment Includes Sessions Minutes
Ayurvedic and Wellness consultations 2 45
Body composition analysis based on Ayurveda 1 --
Individual Ayurveda diet plan based on doctors advice 1 --
Personalized Ayurvedic Therapies per person
Abhyanga 7 30
Choornapinda Swedam 3 30
Matra Vasti 3 30
Nasyam 3 30
Navarakizhi / Pizichil 5 30
Netratarpana 3 30
Nirooha Vasti 1 30
Shirodhara 7 30
Thalam 5 --
Virechana 1 --
Personalised Pranayama sessions 4 60
Personalised Meditation sessions 2 60
Personalised Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation) sessions 2 60
Cooking Classes on healthy vegetarian cuisine 2 60
Personalised Yogic Kriya – Jala neti, Vaman Dhauti 6 15
Detailed session on lifestyle recommendation and counseling 1 60
Free medicines during the treatment
Roundtrip Airport transfers
Garden Tented cottage / Poolside cottage
A/C , Wi-Fi/ Internet , Locker , Double Bed , Single Bed , Telephone , Western-Style Bathroon , Hot Water Facility ,
Shreyas, a sprawling 25-acre verdant retreat on the outskirts of Bangalore, India offers guests a private and tranquil haven to pamper, nourish and recharge themselves. Shreyas looks to combine fine living with a spiritual touch, where guests can immerse themselves in the wisdom of the timeless spiritual tradition of Yoga Vedanta & Ayurveda. Situated amidst stunning landscaped gardens, Shreyas is 50 minutes from Bengaluru International Airport.
Recognised as One of the Finest Yoga Retreats in the World, Shreyas is elegantly designed luxurious boutique retreat Shreyas prides itself on its service, which is an attempt to apply the eternal Vedic instruction – Athiti Devo Bhava – or ‘treat thy guest as an embodiment of the Divine’. Shreyas is a member of Relais & Chateaux, a collection of the finest hotels worldwide.
USP/ Key Highlights
- The essence of Shreyas is the concept of wellness of body, mind and soul, for the purpose of self mastery that manifests as excellence in all that we do. The principal medium through which guests are exposed to this is Yoga - which is non-denominational and open to people of all faiths. We demonstrate through various customised programs that, contrary to popular belief, Yoga can be practiced by everyone – fit or unfit, old or young, supple or brittle. Yoga has an amazing effect on the body and mind energies allowing one to deal with life's ups and downs with sense of equanimity. Shreyas will appeal to those who wish to understand/familiarise themselves with the philosophical tradition of India, without necessarily delving into its organised religious aspects.
- Traditional Hatha and Ashtanga Yoga are practised – from simple posture classes for stress management to more advanced modules. Besides the asanas, Shreyas offers breathing exercises (Pranayama), visualisation techniques (Sakshi bhava), deep relaxation classes (Yoga Nidra), Yogic kriyas (Jala neti, Vaman dhouti), candle & chakra meditation, etc.
- People are encouraged to get away from an over-worked and hectic lifestyle & the rigours of office; to de-stress by working in the organically grown vegetable and herb gardens, getting their feet dirty! A true retreat geared to self -discovery, where the intention is to bring a little of the best of Indian spiritual wisdom into the lives of its guests.
- Shreyas serves gourmet Vegetarian cuisine that comprises Indian, Continental, Italian, Mexican & Oriental.
- As much as possible is grown or produced on the premises. The menus are carefully planned to fit in with the overall wellness programs. Special dietary requests such as wheat-free, dairy free, low-calorie, vegan etc are accommodated on request. On warm nights dinner is often served al fresco in the garden, and guests have a choice of joining a larger group or dining on their own.
- Gourmet Vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Twice daily group Yoga Classes(Daily yoga, meditation & Ayurvedic treatment sessions)
- Daily once group Chanting / Sound Meditation class
- Community exercise that involves Farming
- Nature-based exercises
- Open-Air Amphitheatre
- Cricket nets & bowling machine
Check in: 12 Noon
Check out: 11.00 hrs
- Botanical Garden
- Mysore: Mysore can be reached in two and a half hours by avoiding Bangalore City, taking the road to Mangalore (6 km from Shreyas) and then cut across to Mysore. Coorg is about three hours from Mysore.
- Local Shopping (don’t forget Mysore Silk)(In & around excursions)
- Bandipur National park
- Belur,Halebid and Shravabelagola: Belur is 195 Kms from Shreyas, Halebeid is 214 Kms and Shravanabelagola is 133 Kms. Hampi
- Hampi: Hampi is 323 Kms from Shreyas, off the NH 4.
Minutes away from Airport: 60 minute by car from Bengaluru International Airport.
How to Reach
- Closest Airport
- Bangalore International Airport
- Closest Railway Station
- Bangalore Railway Station
- Traveling by Road
- Well connected with highways to Hyderabad, many major cities,
Food / Beverages: Shreyas serves gourmet vegetarian cuisine. Alcohol is not served and guests are requested not to bring their own for private consumption. Smoking is permitted in designated areas only.
Total rooms: 3 Poolside cottages, 8 Garden cottages and 1 3-bedroom Garden cottage
Check In : Our standard check-in is 1200 hrs and check-out time is 1100 hrs. Early check-in and late check-out are offered subject to availability and are chargeable.
Breakfast / lunch / dinner: All meals are included in our rates, whether it is a nightly rate or a package. We do not have a room-only option.
Christmas / New Year: A minimum stay of 5 nights is required between 15 December and 10 January.
Group bookings: Group rates are available for bookings of 5 or more cottages; please contact us for details in case of an inquiry.
Transfers: Round trip transfers are available on request and are charged at US$ 100 plus taxes and service charge for transfer in an air-conditioned Toyota Innova.
Booking: As a small property, late cancellations have a very negative impact on us and we therefore require a 50% deposit to confirm your reservation.
- Any cancellation made more than 30 days prior to arrival date will not incur any cancellation charges. The deposit will be returned.
- For any cancellations received 5 to 30 days prior to arrival, 50% of the full amount will be charged (there will not be any refund of the 50% deposit the guests have paid).
- Any cancellation received in 0 to 5 days prior to arrival will be charged 100% of the total amount of the stay.
- Any reduced stays whilst at the Retreat will still incur a cost of 100% of the total price; there will be no adjustment for early departure.
- No shows will incur a charge of 100% of the full amount.
# Note: ''For all refunds, the payment gateway charges, service charges and taxes will be deducted. Only the balance will be paid''.