Shreyas Joy of Giving
Shreyas Yoga Retreat | Bangalore, Karnataka | Outskirts
The ancient yogic scriptures tell us that the Universe is connected and that we are each a part of one Supreme Consciousness. There is no 'other' to compete with; when we give we give to ourselves. If you feel blessed with abundance and wish to share your love, time and maybe more with those who will appreciate it, we invite you to Shreyas for the Joy of Giving Retreat that celebrates the gift of life and allows you to feel the immense joy that arises from the simple acts of giving and sharing.
Feeding children of the local school or orphanage.
You can pick vegetables from out organic garden, cut them and with help from our team of chefs, prepare a nutritious Indian meal for the children of the local school or orphanage. If you have any skills you would like to teach these eager minds, please let us know and we will be glad to make the necessary arrangements.
Shreyas will provide you with samplings and the opportunity to plant them in the surrounding villages, helping us give back to the environment that supports us.
Specific contributions. Many of our guests feel the need to contribute in a more practical way and Shreyas will advice you and ensure that these contributions reach the needy people. From books, stationery supplies, uniforms, contributions to building boundary walls, rain-water harvesting projects or digging wells - the possibilities are numerous - and the warm appreciation of the villagers, profoundly touching.
Communing with nature.
You will get an opportunity to volunteer in our 3 acre organic vegetable and herb gardens and give a little back to Nature - a humble thanks for the abundance she provides us, season after season. Try your skills at watering, weeding, sowing, picking and rediscover the forgotten pleasure in getting your hands (and feet!) dirty.
- Welcome Drink on Arrival
- Wellness Consultation on arrival
- Gourmet Vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) served in the dining area.
- Twice daily group Yoga Sessions
- Daily once group Chanting / Sound Meditation Session
- Use of all recreational facilities - Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, Steam Bath, Gym, Cricket nets and opportunity to watch one movie per day in Home theatre along with other guests.
InclusionsPackage includes Sessions Minutes
Community Exercises that involve cooking, serving & teaching or interaction with a group of Children at nearby Village Schools / Orphanage *
3 4-6 hours each
A Walking tour of the villages with an introduction to village culture, living and traditions. Followed by a visit to the nearby temples 1 3-4 hours
Cooking classes on traditional Vegetarian Cuisine or requested Shreyas favorites 3 60
Rejuvenation Massages per person
(Balinese / Swedish / Thai / Aromatherapy / Abhyanga) 3 60
Sessions on learning local traditions and customs, such as sari draping, making of garlands, coconut palm leaf mats, rangoli drawing, making and applying henna etc *
Daily Nature based activities in organic vegetable garden and nursery
Round-trip Airport transfers
Garden Tented cottage / Poolside cottage
TV , A/C , Minibar , Locker , Double Bed , Single Bed , Telephone ,
Shreyas Yoga Retreat in Bengaluru is a luxury Yoga retreat, set in a serene and calming environment on 25-acres of greenery and frangipani gardens. It can welcome up to 20 guests at their eco-friendly cottage suites and tents. Traditional Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and other meditative practices like Yoga Nidra, Pranayama, Pratyahara, daily guided meditation and chanting sessions, Ayurvedic massages, a wholesome menu of vegetarian cuisine, mouna and karma Yoga - to appreciate silence and a selfless attitude towards work respectively are practiced here. Guests can help in the community with activities like farming in the retreats' organic garden, cooking and serving food to village school children.
- Daily yoga, meditation & Ayurvedic treatment sessions
- Well- experienced Ayurvedic doctors
- Trained therapists in Ayurvedic treatment
- Wellness consultation on arrival
- Yoga & meditation hall
- Machans & meditation huts
- Open-Air Amphitheatre
- 3 treatment rooms
- Herbal & Vegetable Garden, Yoga Academy
- Infinity pool & heated Jacuzzi
- Jogging trail
- Home theatre
- Cricket nets & bowling machine
- Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Accommodation: Pool side, Garden tented & 3-bedroom Cottages (A.C. and non A.C.)
- Climate: Tropical and Temperature: 20-32º C
- Nearest International Airport: Bengaluru International Airport (21 kms)
- 3 freshly cooked vegetarian meals
Range of treatments and therapies
- Weight loss
- Weight Management
- Ailment Management
- Panchkarma Program
- Yoga- Hatha, Ashtanga, Yoga & Spirituality, Yoga Processes
- Silent Retreat
- Wellness for Soul
- Culinary experience
- Gourmet Vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Twice daily group Yoga Classes
- Daily once group Chanting / Sound Meditation class
- Relaxation Ayurvedic massage on the day of arrival
- Personalized inputs on Ayurveda and Wellbeing
- Session on integrating yoga into daily life
- Community exercise that involves Farming
- Nature-based exercises
- Use of all recreational facilities- Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, Steam Bath, Gym, Cricket nets and Library.
- Air Fares
- Personal expenses
- Roundtrip Airport transfers (at additional cost)
Check in: 12 Noon
Check out: 11.00 hrs
- Vidhan Saudha-Legislative Assembly
- Cubbon Park
- Botanical Garden
- Local Shopping (don’t forget Mysore Silk)
(In & around excursions)
- Bandipur National park
- Belur,Halebid and Shravabelagola
- Jog Falls
How to Reach
- Closest Airport
- Bangalore International Airport
- Closest Railway Station
- Bangalore Railway Station
- Traveling by Road
- Well connected with highways to Hyderabad, many major cities,
Food / Beverages: Shreyas serves gourmet vegetarian cuisine. Alcohol is not served and guests are requested not to bring their own for private consumption. Smoking is permitted in designated areas only. Total rooms: 3 Poolside cottages, 8 Garden cottages and 1 3-bedroom Garden cottage. You can arrive at any time that suits you and check out at the (approximate) same time on the day of departure. For late departures there will be additional charges applicable. Breakfast / lunch / dinner: All meals are included in our rates, whether it is a nightly rate or a package. We do not have a room-only option. Christmas / New Year: A minimum stay of 5 nights is required between 15 December and 10 January Group bookings: Group rates are available for bookings of 5 or more cottages; please contact us for details in case of an inquiry. Transfers: Round trip transfers are available on request and are charged at USD 100 29.8% plus taxes and service charge for transfer in an air-conditioned Toyota Innova. BOOKING: As a small property, late cancellations have a very negative impact on us and we therefore require a 50% deposit to confirm your reservation. We can confirm the booking only after receiving a 50% deposit and remaining amount needs to be paid before arrival.
Any cancellation made more than 30 days prior to arrival date will not incur any cancellation charges. The deposit will be returned. For any cancellations received 5 to 30 days prior to arrival, 50% of the full amount will be charged (there will not be any refund of the 50% deposit the guests have paid). Any cancellation received in 0 to 5 days prior to arrival will be charged 100% of the total amount of the stay. Any reduced stays whilst at the Retreat will still incur a cost of 100% of the total price; there will be no adjustment for early departure. No shows will incur a charge of 100% of the full amount.