200hr Hatha Yoga TTC
The YogaCave Initiative - Goa | Canacona, Goa | Seaside
200 hours Yoga Alliance USA certified Hatha Yoga teacher training course in Blissful Goa, India
The Yoga Cave Initiative presents this absolutely transforming yoga teacher training course in Goa, India.
Join us for an unforgettable yoga journey into India, the home of yogis and sages. This 200 hrs Yoga Teachers Training course is a pure Hatha yoga, Yoga Alliance USA certified course. Designed for the western yogi/yogin, this Hatha Yoga course is designed to give you fundamental knowledge of over 100 yoga postures, sequence formulation, adjustment techniques, teaching methods, Hatha Flow, Yin yoga postures, Iyenger, Sivananda & kundalini yoga postures. You will also have plenty of opportunity to take trial teaching classes and apply your knowledge and methods on other fellow students.
The course will also equip you with the right knowledge of the Yogic culture and will provide insight into basic yogic texts and philosophy. The course is designed in such a way that you will not only learn postures of yoga but also learn how to practice yoga mindfully and safely. The course curriculum is designed to recognise the international requirements, we aspire to give you the right tools so you can spread the light of yoga around the world. The Course is Yoga Alliance USA certified, after the successful completion of this training, the students receive a 200 hrs Certification by Yoga Alliance, USA. This is an internationally recognised qualifications and will help you get insurance to teach anywhere in the world.
– A pure Hatha Yoga, Yoga Alliance USA certified TTC
– An intensive course hosted by an international team of yogis and yoga masters
– Amazing Location only 15 mins walk to the beach. Quiet serene and blissfull Ashram like venue.
– An opportunity to learn yoga but also here you will experience true Goan hospitality
– Practice yoga in the land of it’s origin and experience true Vedic Culture
– Learn all major Yoga postures
– Learn traditional Pranayama and meditation techniques
– Learn from authentic Indian teachers
– A well balance course designed for the western mindset
– Intensive and rigorous practice that will get you ready to start teaching in just 24 days. And that is when the teacher’s journey begins.
– Multi Style Option also available
– Shat-kriya & pranayama practices
– Mantra recitation guided & karma Yoga
– Relaxation & meditation practices
– Yoga anatomy & physiology workshop
– Yoga practicum/practice teaching
– Healthy nutritious vegetarian three time meals along with teas; breakfast, lunch & dinner
Who should be attending this course
This 200 hours Hatha Yoga course is designed for anyone who is willing to make a commitment to their practice. If you are a budding yoga teacher or a qualified teacher with a regular practice, then our yoga teachers will help you deepen your practice and give you the right techniques and methods to grow, Our teachers will always be committed to your personal and spiritual development. OR you could be a new yogi/yogin all full of energy and hope to enter the world of learning yoga, then our team of teachers will give you a gentle introduction to yoga and start you of on your yogic journey. Whatever is your level and goals our teachers are here committed to your development. We will give you practical tools to take in the world, share it with others.
During your course you will learn:
The Art of Sequencing & Movement
Yoga is Dance “ T. Krishnamacharya”
We in the west usually look at yoga as a flow or movement based “thing”. However, in India for 1000’s of years yoga has been practiced with strong static postures. Hatha Yogies of timeless Natha or Naga traditions have often been known to just practice one static posture for the entire life. Prathabi Jois himself designed the primary and secondary series of sequence, which is known as “ashtanga yoga class” in the west. At Agonda Om Yoga Kutir we aspire to give you the most authentic and blissful experience of classical yoga.
During your course you will have the opportunity to learn some of the most fundamental yoga postures practiced by yogis of timeless traditions. As this is a Hatha Yoga course, less emphasis is given on flow of movement, but in this style of yoga you will learn the art of holding and mastering various postures. Further to that we will teach how to align your posture according to prescribed texts and scriptures. If you are looking for a deeper connection to your postures, if you have reached a stage in your practice where you are looking for a more spiritual experience during your postures then Hatha Yoga TTC is the one for you. They say that Hatha Yoga is the first step towards ashtanga yoga, so if you are looking to start yoga for the first time then this course is a ore gentler introduction to yoga.
Each Asana has a fundamental integrity, with proper breath, drishti and movement we will teach you the fundamental of all major yoga posture. There will be a dedicated daily class for adjustment techniques, sequence formulation and teaching methods. Following are some examples of postures you will learn and possibly master a few over the course period.
- UTTHITA TRIKONASANA
- UTTHITA PARSAVKONASANA
- VIRABHADRASANA, WARRIOR 1
- VIRABHADRASANA WARRIOR 2
- VIRABHADRASANA WARRIOR 3
- SALAMBA SARVANGASANA
- PARIVRITTA TRIKONASANA
- PRASARITA PADOTTANASANA 1
- URDHVA PRASARITA PADASANA
- ARDHA CHANDRASANA
- SUN SALUTATIONS A
- SUN SALUTATIONS B
- UTTHITA TRIKONASANA
- PARIVRTA TRIKONASANA
- UTTHITA PARSVAKONASANA
- PARIVRTA PARSVAKONASANA
- PARSARITA PADOTTANAASANA
- UTTHITA HASTAPADANUGUSTAHASANA
- ARDHABADDHAPADOTTAN ASANA
- UTKATA ASANA
- VIRABHADRA ASANA (A,B)
- DAND ASANA
- PASCHIMOTTAN ASANA
- PURVOTTAN ASANa
- HALF BOUND PADOTTAN ASANA
- TIRIANGMUKHAIPADA PASCHIMOTTANASANA
- SUPTA KURMASANA
- GARBHA PINDASANA
- UPAVISTA KONASANA
- SUPTA KONASANA
- SUPTA PADANGUSTHASANA
- UBHAYA PADAGUSTASANA
- URDHVA MUKHA PASCHIMOTTANASANA
- URDHVA DHANUR ASANA
- SALAMBA SARVANGASANA
- KARNAPINDA ASANA
- URDHVA PADMASANA
- UTTANA PADAASANA
Vairagyam often referred to as a state of renunciation or detachment that one enters when they participate in intense spiritual austerities like Yoga, fasting and ecstatic dancing. In Patanjali Yoga Sutra, it has been stated that the key to enter the state of Samadhi through yoga is to experience “Abhayasa Vairagyam” . This is as state of mind that a yogi can enter during intense practice of yoga. During your course we will encourage you to live a wholistic lifestyle that will assist you in experiencing abhyasa vairagyam. We will teach you how to align and connect, breath(Ujjai) and movement to create a practice that will transform your current yoga practice to the next level.
Pranayama & Meditation
Every morning your day will start with some form of pranayama, meditation or satsang. We will explore all common as well as not so common pranayamas and meditation techniques like Kapalabhati, Ujjai Breath, Nadi Shodhana. We will often chant Sanskrit mantrad and Om chanting in the morning.
History and philosophy
Apart from asana(postures of the physical practice of yoga) you will also learn the history and philosophy of yoga including but not restricted to:
-Patanjali yoga sutra – Samadhi and Sadhan pada – through story telling and critical analysis we will explore this ancient text. Every class will be interactive and full of factual informatyion. Patanjali Yoga Sutra is one of the most prescribed text to understand yoga. Yoga is Chitta Vrithi nirodha. We will explore the concepts of purusha and prakriti, the seer, the sakshi, advaita and the programming of the mind and how to connect to our ancient self. We will also do a brief comparative study of western ideology and culture compared vedic philosophy and cotemporary Indian culture.
– 8 limbs of ashtanga – Yama, Niyama, pranayama, asana, prathyahara, Dhyana, dharana, samadhi: with interactive discussion we will explore “Ashtanga” and how it is different from your 90 min primary series they are teaching down the gym!
– History of hindusim/india – a factual history of what the term hindusim actually means and what constitutes the hindu philosophy.
Through interactive discussions, visual graphics and group sessions we will explore the following concepts of Vedas & Tantra:
- the chakra and nadi system,
- kundalini energy,
- the panch kosha,
- yoga anatomy and Ayurveda.
- Mantra recitation (mantra – Japa),
- daily joints and glands practices (granthi – vimochana – kriya),
- yoga postures (yoga asanas),
- meditative steps of doing asanas,
- six cleansing exercises (shat karma),
- science of breath (pranayama),
- yoga energy locks (Bandha) and yoga gestures (Mudra),
- meditation (Dhyana),
- yogic sleep (yoga Nidra),
- history and philosophy of yoga (yoga Darshana),
- yogic anatomy and physiology of human body,
- basic principles of Ayurveda,
- asana alignment practicum classes,
- yoga teaching practice, and teaching methodology.
- Yoga psychology enhance the students’ learning at various levels; mentally and emotionally by which they learn to adopt the yogic disciplines in daily
As per the criteria and requirement set for the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course by Yoga Alliance USA, this is an intensive course. Your day will start early and you will be on a six days a week practice.
In spite of such intensive schedule you could find this training an enlightening and interesting process of transformation.
Inclusions23 Nights Accommodation
Any Personal Expense.
Wi-Fi/ Internet , Single Bed , Western-Style Bathroon , Hot Water Facility , Twin Beds ,
Wi-Fi/ Internet , Double Bed , Western-Style Bathroon , Hot Water Facility ,
Wi-Fi/ Internet , Single Bed , Western-Style Bathroon , Hot Water Facility ,
Wi-Fi/ Internet ,
Agonda Om Yoga Kutir – a truly amazing venue!
Our Yoga school is located on a small hill, overlooking lush green farm lands. The hillock on which the school is built has abundant plantation of coconut, cashew, jackfruit and papaya trees. The Yoga school has comfortable and newly refurbished accommodation. We have dorm rooms, shared rooms and private rooms that can suit all budgets. Our school has a beautiful purpose built yoga shala that can accommodate up to 20 students at a time. The shala is built at an elevated location on the hill. The atmosphere and yogic vibes are great, away from the hustle bustle of the beach but close enough to hear the ocean while you start your day with meditation. Apart from that the property is often visited by the beautiful langoors, eagles, kingfisher, Cows, Buffaloes and peacocks. There are also termite mounds in our gardens to show how ancient and rural this land is.
Goa itself has an amazing multi cultural history. All nationalities live here, life here is different from rest of India. Agonda Beach has been voted as one of the cleanest beaches in Asia. Agonda has a good balance of night life and yogic vibes. Over the last few years Goa might have developed a reputation of party capital of India, however, Goa has still many undiscovered beaches and untouched nature waiting to be discovered for yogis.
Expect to be on a journey of joy, bliss and transformation.
How to Reach
- Closest Airport
- Goa International Airport
- Closest Railway Station
- Traveling by Road
- Next to beach road
A reservation requires a deposit of 20% of the total price.
The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival
Student once register for Yoga Teacher Training or Yoga retreat program can not be cancelled they can attend any schedule class within One year time period.
In any case advance fee is not refundable.