Ayurveda Yoga Village | Gokarna, Karnataka | Riverside
The real reasons
According to Ayurveda, being overweight or underweight is due to an imbalance in the 3 Doshas (the bodily humors that make up one’s constitution): Vata, Pitt and Kapha. An imbalance can occur regardless of how much or how little food you eat. Improper digestion or improper metabolism due to excessive Kapha and Ama (waste) is at the root of the problem. When Kapha is imbalanced, the heavy characteristics of the Earth and Water elements become exaggerated. However, obesity can also be found in Vata and Pitta dominant people. These types can suffer from poor digestion if their digestive fire is too low. As a result, food is not processed properly, which can result in weight gain or obesity. But in general, Vata types are underweight rather than overweight because their bodies have trouble absorbing nutrients. Weight gain results when they attempt to eat more sweet and oily foods to calm their Vata imbalance.
How does it work?
The Ayurvedic approach to achieving your ideal weight is based on taking a realistic look at your body type and restoring the entire digestive and metabolic processes. A low calorie diet and regular yoga is also essential throughout this process.
What can be done?
At Ayurveda Yoga Villa we have a multidimensional approach to weight management. First our ajarya will diagnose your Prakriti (body type) and your Dosha imbalances. Then, they will prescribe the proper herbs, therapies and massages to reduce fat cells in the body and promote proper metabolism. Two yoga sessions per day, along with Pranayama (breathing exercises) and brisk walks in the surrounding countryside, can burn extra calories and rid your body of muscular tension and the feeling of heaviness. Meditation and mantras can also help to calm your mind.
How many days?
Minimum 2 weeks, and for better results 3 to 4 weeks, depending on your present condition and your expectations.
- Abyangam: A massage with a specific combination of oils and herbs to release muscle and joint stiffness and improve blood circulation and elimination.
- Kizhi: Boluses filled with herbal leaves or powders are applied to the whole or part of the body in a specific manner, after being dipped in warm medicated herbal oil.
- Elakizhi: A massage with special herbal powder to detoxify and nourish all the cells of the body.
- Swedana: Opening the pores of the skin through steam and warm herbal oils.
- Udvarthanam: A massage with special herbal powder to burn excess fat.
- Oral Herbal Medication: To convert excessive fat into energy and for improved metabolism.
- Ayurvedic Diet: Low calorie food with lots of fruits and juices.
InclusionsAccommodation in single bedroom with attached bathroom
Yoga, pranayama & Meditation sessions
All food & drinks (No meat, fish, eggs, alcohol)
All Ayurvedic treatments & Oral Medication prescribed by our ajarya
Daily Consultations & Check-up with Resident Ajarya
Health Profile & Body Constitution consultation
Take away Medicine
Wi-Fi/ Internet , Double Bed , Single Bed , Western-Style Bathroon , Hot Water Facility ,
Welcome to Ayurveda Yoga Village !
Welcome to Ayurveda Yoga Village, a sister resort to the Internationally acclaimed Ayurveda Yoga Villa
In response to demand from our clients from around the world we have created a beautiful sanctuary where our guests can escape the stresses and strains of the modern world and relax and rejuvenate mind, body and spirit in beautiful healing surroundings.
Located less than 10 meters from the beach Ayurveda Yoga Village is set in 10 acres of luscious tropical land and benefits from the incredible healing energy of the sea. All of our 20 cottages are nestled discreetly amongst the pine, coconut and mango trees and are close enough to enjoy the calming sound of the Arabian ocean.
We offer a big, bright and ultra-modern living area with utmost comforts. But with a huge garden you may well find yourself spending more time outside enjoying your spectacular surrounds. Our splendid eco Cottage has a comfortable bed and an extended living space that fold into your private deck..
How to Reach
- Closest Airport
- Goa International Airport (173 kms) Mangalore International Airport(198kms) Hubli Domestic Airport(185kms)
- Closest Railway Station
- Honavar railway station (8Kms) Kumta railway station (8kms)
- Traveling by Road
- Smoking strictly prohibited in our campus .
- Prices are subject to change – You can pay only rates at the times of booking.provided on the Service, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
Once you confirm the reservation you have to pay the 20% of the total as Advance deposit to secure your reservation. You do also have to notify the payment as and when it is done, by any of the aforementioned means of communication.
No refund for cancellations, it will hold up to 1year, you can make fresh booking with available dates with this amount.
You can postpone your stay up to one week for free of cost; however we appreciate doing it at least one week prior to the check in date as per booking. The postponement for more than one week done between booked check in date and one week prior to the same will cause a processing fee of 10 % on the paid advance amount.
You can pre-pone your stay as per the availably without any cost.