Check Your Wellness Quotient

Plantation Villa

Kalutara, Western | Outskirts

Plantation Villa is a specialist Wellness Nature Resort situated in a rural village in SriLanka, specialising in Ayurveda and Yoga. It's a        community centre established and run by the village community. The retreat funds and maintains the Metta Trust charity to do community development, wildlife conservation and forest preservation activities. It maintains the local temples, village schools and fund majority of the
community activities in the village and surrounding villages. Over 90% of the staff team are local villagers from underprivileged backgrounds who have been trained and offered employment along with mentoring to improve their lives and the lives of their children.

Plantation Villa specializes in Ayurveda, which is an ancient art of healing the body and mind through nutrition, relaxation and herbal treatments. The Ayurvedic doctors and senior therapists have over 15 years of experience. The Ayurvedic doctor  develops an individual treatment plan to focus on your wellness goals and to address any existing ailments you may be suffering from. The doctor will also advice the kitchen about any specific food allergies you may have. You can join the yoga classes to help with your mind/body connection and general mindfulness. Plantation Villa aims to provide a mind/body wellness experience through Ayurveda, nutrition and mindfulness in a relaxing environment. In addition to treating the body through Ayurveda treatments and nutrition, the aim is to offer a personalised service where they understand and care for the guests. Being a small centre, allows the luxury to look after each of the guests in a very personalised manner.

Plantation Villa follows a 'farm to plate' policy where majority of the food served to you comed from home grown organic gardens. The retreat centre gardens consist of a paddy field, an organic vegetable / fruit spice and herb garden. You are invited to join in the paddy
harvesting and fruit / vegetable and spice picking. Cookery demonstrations are offered and you can join if you are interested.

All rooms are tastefully decorated with ensuite bathrooms and modern facilities. The property is located in a small village called Nehinna, 80km away from the capital city Colombo. The village is rural and has a traditional community feel. The property itself is a 30 acre plantation of Rubber, Coconut, Cinnamon and Black Pepper. The villa is
surrounded by nature and is a habitat for rare local and migrant birds, butterflies and a plethora of tropical flora and fauna.

Plantation Villa offers a very authentic Ayurveda/Yoga experience and a rather un-touristic experience in to life in a Sri Lankan village. 

It is a place to really focus on your own wellbeing and happiness and learn tools to improve your physical and mental wellness and how to incorporate them in to your daily life, whilst being pampered and cared for by a loving team in a sanctuary created by nature.


  • 2015-16: Country Award for Best Luxury Spa Hotel by World Luxury Hotel Awards
  • 2016: Country Award for Best Luxury Villa by Luxury Travel Guide UK

How to Reach

Airway Connectivity
Colombo International Airport
Railway Connectivity
Katukurunda Railway Station
Roadway Connectivity
1. From North (Colombo or Airport): Head south on the Southern Expressway and exit at Kalutara Dodangoda.After the exit, turn left on to Mathugama Road towards Mathugama. The first junction you hit will be Sapugahawattha Junction. This is a small junction with a small street to the left called Nehinna Road. Turn in to Nehinna Road and followed the carpeted street for about 4km and you will see our gates on your right.

20% of the amount to be paid at the time of Booking t AyurUnivere, remaining 80%(Balance amount) to be paid 2 weeks prior to the Check in Date at the center.

1. Cancellation between 45 and 60 days to 45 days prior to arrival will be charged 50% of the room nights booked. 2. Any cancellations within 45 days from the arrival date will be charged 100%. No Shows: 1. No shows will be charged 100%

Plantation Villa AC Deluxe

AC Deluxe

Wi-Fi/ Internet,  Locker,  Telephone, 
Plantation Villa Suite Room

Suite Room

Wi-Fi/ Internet,  Locker,  Telephone, 
Plantation Villa Standard Room

Standard Room

Wi-Fi/ Internet,  Locker,  Telephone, 

Recently Viewed Centers

Related Links