DIY Ayurveda Recipes for Diabetes and associated disorders
Recipe to add fiber and control cholesterol:
- Flax seeds – 100 gms
- Asafoetida powder – 1 pinch
- Red & Dried Chilies – 2 or pepper corns – 3
- Rock Salt – as per desired taste
- Roast the above ingredients, excluding rock salt until the aroma wafts and the flax seeds begin to splutter.
- Transfer the roasted ingredients to the dry grinder
- Add the rock salt with rest of the ingredients
- Dry grind to a fine powder.
The above preparation can be stored in an air tight container for 1 week and not more. This powder can be used as an accompaniment with Idli / Wheat Dosa / Ragi Idli and Chapati. The preparation tastes awesome and helps with weight loss. It also adds fiber and helps with effective daily expulsion of waste from the body.
DIY Ayurveda Spiced tea for Diabetes Control & weight loss
- Ajwain (carom) seeds – 2 tea spoons
- Black Jeera (Black Cumin) – 2 tea spoons
- Methi (fenugreek) seeds – 2 tea spoons
- Roast the above seeds separately until they start to splutter
- Ensure Methi does not turn black
- Transfer the ingredients to a dry grinder
- Dry grind to a fine powder
Keep the above mix in an air tight container. Mix ½ to 1 teaspoon of the mix daily with drinkable hot water and consume it first thing, early in the morning on empty stomach. The mix of these spices helps to set right digestion, cool the body and manage Vaata and hence reduce bloating of the body. This helps with weight loss.
Energy booster & immunity booster for Diabetics
- Amla Churna (Indian Gooseberry powder) – 1/4 tea spoon
- Ashwagandha (W. Somnifera) Churna(powder) – 1/4 teaspoon
- Guducchi (Tinospora Cordifolia) Churna (powder) – 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric – 1/4 teaspoon
- Chaat Masala (A mix of hot and tangy Indian spices that aid digestion) – 1/4 teaspoon
- Himalayan rock salt – as per taste
- Water – 500 ml
- Bring the water to boil and bring it down to half the content and take it off the heat
- Add all the churna(s) with the turmeric and allow them to settle down for at least two minutes
- Pour out the clear decoction into a mug
- Add the rock salt and chaat masala to the decoction, stir and drink
The above hot spiced tea can be used as a substitute for beverages in the morning and early evening. It helps to detox, regularizes metabolism, repairs tissues, controls diabetes, enhances immunity and energy levels. When regularly consumed it improves general health and wellbeing.