Please expect a free call back
Our wellness advisor will call from +65-69515362 in the next few seconds.
Please assign Horizontal Menu in Wordpress Admin -> Appearance -> Menus -> Manage Locations
Written by AyurUniverse,
Recipe for Vata Balancing Soup to help reduce symptoms of arthritis:
This soup can be used to break long gaps between meals or as a substitute for afternoon Tea on a cold day. Vaata is most aggravated naturally during Grishma Ritu (That cold part of the year when the cold wind blows followed by lashing rains. August to October in India).
• 1 cup small onions
• 1 cup finely-diced carrots
• ¾ cup finely-diced peeled carrots
• ¼ cup Moong dhal
• ½ inch fresh ginger, grated
• ¼ teaspoon of ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon ghee
• ¼ teaspoon of turmeric
• ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
• ¼ teaspoon of ground coriander
• 1 to 2 cloves of garlic peeled
• 2 cloves
• A Sprig each of fresh curry leaves and coriander leaves
• A tiny ball of tamarind (1/2 inch) soaked in water
• ¼ teaspoon asafoetida
• Salt as per taste
• Add vegetables, Water enough to immerse them (This water forms the broth needed for soup), to this water add ¼ teaspoon ghee, turmeric, garlic, pepper, cloves and salt.
• Heat the remaining ghee in a pan and throw in the cumin seeds to let it splutter. Now add the curry leaves, small onions, and asafoetida and sauté till the aroma wafts.
• Squeeze the tamarind into the soaked water, discard the pulp and keep the tamarind water ready for use
• Once the small onions are pink and tender, add the tamarind water and let it boil. Now, add the pressure cooked dal and vegetables along with the stock and bring to boil
• Now add the coriander powder and grated ginger and let it boil till the raw aroma is lost.
• Lastly add the sprig of coriander leaves for garnishing and remove the pan from the stove and let it rest.
DIY Herbal Teas for Pain relief:
The combination of Herbs suggested for Tea helps with infusing antioxidants to the body, helps reduce swelling, reduces pain and increases immunity. All of this is essential to deal with and manage Arthritis.
• 1 teaspoon Green Tea leaves
• 1 pinch Ashwagandha powder
• 1 pinch Turmeric
• 1 pinch Cinnamon powder
• ½ inch fresh Ginger grated
• 3 cups of clean drinking water
• ¼ teaspoon honey
• Boil water and bring it down to 1 cup
• Add grated ginger and allow it to boil for a couple of minutes
• Turn off the heat and add in the listed herb powders and turmeric
• Let the ingredient settle to the bottom of the kettle
• Pour out the clear decoction into a mug
• Add honey, stir and drink as it is drinkable hot.
Yoga and Weight Loss
Ayurveda Supplements for Arthritis
Find out more on