The Program Curriculum
The 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Program includes all the concepts of Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa, breathing techniques and curative Mantras and Mudras. The series of Hatha and Ashtanga classes teaches students to gain control over the body, increasing the flexibility of the muscles and improving the overall health. In the breathing techniques involves Meditation, Pranayama, and other curative Mantras. Mantras generate an aura of peace in the environment, builds up concentration and energy.
Insights of the Program
• Ayurveda and Massage therapy sessions
• Teaching from the Himalayan masters
• Restricted number of students
• Stay at the Beach
• Separate classes to teach adjustments and alignments
• Lessons on body constitution as per the Ayurvedic tenets’.
Syllabus of Ayurveda
• Principles of Ayurveda
• Relation between Ayurveda and Yoga
• Three types of body constitution and diagnosis of the same
• Sapta Dhatu (7 body tissues) and the way to nurture them with yoga and herbs.
• Panchkarma and massage therapy
• Knowing about the six types of taste and how they are related to the body constitution
• Some basic Ayurvedic food recipes
• Know about the general use of herbs and medicines.
Sample Daily Schedule
On Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
06:00 AM - Hatha Yoga
07:45 AM - Pranayama-Breathing Practices
09:00 AM -Break Fast
10:30 AM - Yoga Anatomy
12:00 PM - Yoga Practicum/ Mantra Chanting*
01:00 P.M - Lunch
03:00 PM - Yoga Philosophy / Ayurveda
04:15 PM - Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
06:00 PM - Meditation and Relaxation
07:30 PM - Dinner
06:00 AM - Hatha Yoga
07:45 AM - Shat Kriya (Cleansing)
09:00 AM - Break Fast
10:30 AM - Self Practice/ Teaching Practice
01:00 PM - Lunch
Rest/ Self Study
07:30 PM - Dinner
Akshi Yogashala is a Rishikesh-based Yoga School that offers 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training and 5-day Yoga and Ayurveda retreat programs in Varkala, Kerala.
Akshi Yogashala helps students move in the holy grail of Yoga and Ayurveda through its five-day retreat program in a serene environment of Kerala.
Akshi Yogashala in Varkala sits amidst a grove of the coconut trees so that guests can experience the magnificence of the calmness of the environment. Its programs also provide intensive knowledge of Ayurveda besides Yoga, meditation, and pranayama. Guest's will also experience the art of massage, spa treatment and panchakarma therapies during the stay.
The center offers RYT certified yoga teachers gain considerable training and expertise to teach and spread the art of Ashtanga Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Meditation, Chakra cleansing including detoxification therapy, mud therapy and water therapy. In the evening, students can visit Indian temples or can stroll on Varkala beach.
Guests will have access to various facilities to make their stay comfortable and memorable. These include:
- Hot and Cold water with shower
- Ayurveda center in the hotel for rejuvenation
- Pick and drop facilities from nearby airport and railway station with extra cost
- Travel and touring facilities
- Free Wi-Fi Services
- Early morning or late evening stroll at beach
Akshi Yogashala is located at varkala in Kerala where the golden beaches and sprawling coconut trees are waiting for you. You will get Ashram like stay but with modern facilities like hot water, wifi and other necessary objects. Rooms will be provided on the single or sharing basis. As Kerala is known for natural herbs, so you will be getting highly nutritious, quality, hygienically prepared vegetarian food.Wi-Fi/ Internet Double Bed Western-Style Bathroon Hot Water Facility
How to Reach
- Airway Connectivity
- Trivandrum International Airport
- Railway Connectivity
- Trivandrum Central Railway Station
- Roadway Connectivity
- KSRTC buses run regularly from Thiruvananthapuram. Tourists who are arriving from Kochi can take a bus from Thiruvananthapuram and reach Attingal. From Attingal they will have to board another bus to reach Varkala.
- During the course a vegetarian diet is to be followed to experience an holistic and Ayurvedic lifestyle.